Approximately twenty percent of the U.S. population will experience at least one-foot problem this year according to the American Podiatric Medical Association. Family Physicians Group recommends the following tips to help you keep your feet and ankles healthy from unnecessary pain and suffering.
Happy feet for a Healthy life:
- As we age our feet flatten causing them to get wider and longer. Periodically check your shoes size to ensure that you are wearing the correct shoe size.
- After a shower or bath make sure to properly dry your feet between your toes to avoid fungal infections. Then, apply a good lotion.
- Use a mirror to inspect the bottom of your feet for cracks, dry skin or peeling.
- Ladies should avoid wearing uncomfortably high heels. Limit the height of your heels as they can lead to problems with your Achilles tendon.
- If you are experiencing any type of foot pain, seek medical attention from your podiatrist. Untreated problems can lead to more serious foot problems, which could have been avoided with proper treatment.
When you’re dealing with a foot or leg problem that has proven to be too difficult for your primary care physician to handle, seek out a podiatrist. Family Physicians Group supports your active lifestyle with excellent podiatrist care.
Podiatrist Care for Fit and Active Lives
We employ a full-time podiatrist for our offices in and around Orlando, Florida, giving you access to essential foot care that helps you maintain your activity, mobility and independence. If you’re struggling with your foot and ankle health, schedule an appointment
with our podiatrist today.
Now is the perfect time to start paying attention to your feet. Join us for a Happy feet for a Healthy life talk.