From October 15 until December 7, you will be able to change your Medicare Advantage plan for 2019. It's a critical time for you and your family to ensure that you are receiving the absolute best coverage for your situation.
Here are eight things to remember during open enrollment:
- Your network of providers may have changed. This is the most critical one to ensure you still can see your doctor. Keep in mind, FPG accepts most Medicare Advantage plans, including Aetna, CarePlus, Freedom, Humana, Optimum, Simply and WellCare, as well as and traditional Medicare.
- Your co-payments may have changed. Don't get caught paying higher prices! Compare your existing co-payments with next year's payments.
- Prescription drug coverage may have changed. You want to make sure your standard prescriptions are still available under your current plan.
- You can do nothing. If you love your insurance, you do not need to take any action.
- Review the rating of your plan options. All Medicare Advantage plans are now rated based on a variety of factors.
- Your insurance agent is your best source. Make sure you are talking to your insurance agent every year to review your current needs.
- Check out-of-pocket limits. While capped at no more than $6,700 for any plan, the actual amount may differ between insurance plans.
- If you would like to change to coverage you must make a decision by December 7. That's when open enrollment ends.
We can help you, whether you want to select a primary care doctor or coordinate an appointment with an insurance agent. Please call us at 407-537-0093, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
You can also schedule your appointment with FPG, today.