The single greatest cause of breast cancer is age, so that’s why annual mammograms are so important for your well-being. Did you know that mammograms actually can detect changes in the breast up to two years before a patient or physician can feel them? If this isn’t reason enough to convince you to get your annual screening here are some more incentives.
- Medicare along with almost all insurance plans cover annual mammograms
- No co-pay or other out of pocket costs
- Mammograms detect between 85%-90% of all breast cancer
- Breast-cancer is one of the leading causes of death among women.
- Self-examination is not an accurate screening tool in detecting the early stages of breast cancer.
- It only takes 20 minutes on average to complete.
- It can save your life.
It is important to remember that Family Physicians Group does not necessarily think you have cancer by recommending a mammogram.Screenings are given to an individual who has no signs or symptoms of cancer.Breast cancer can often be diagnosed early with regular screenings using modern screening tools, when the chance of successful treatment is highest.
Preventive health care matters in living a longer, healthy life, so its wise to take advantage of these preventive screenings and services. If you are looking to take control of your health or have questions call 1.866.999.3741 or schedule an appointment with FPG, today! You can comment below, or you can chat with us on Facebook and Twitter.