You've probably heard the old adage: Laughter is the best medicine. Well, it's true! Sort of. While laughter is not technically medicine, it can benefit your health. Laughter is a powerful stress reliever, counteracting all of the nasty stuff stress does to you mentally and physically.
Anyhow, laughter is not a miracle drug. It won't cure that rash, for instance. But it does help mind, body and spirit. Laughing...
- Boosts the immune system
- Reduces stress
- Reduces pain
- Improves mood
- Improves your relationships
- And much more
It's Up to You to Laugh More
You're not going to laugh more unless you try. So, go out and create those opportunities to laugh.
- Watch more comedies or stand-up comedy
- Share funny stories or jokes with your friends and family
- Spend time with a playful pet
- Spend time with funny friends
- Get out and spend time doing fun activities
- Try to be happier/more positive
April is National Humor Month!
Family Physicians Group encourages all employees and patients to find out what makes you laugh and do it more often. Moreover, seniors are invited to join us at the FPG Seniors Club for the many fun-filled activities.