Many times, prostate cancer has no symptoms. It's caught during an early screening or during a routine checkup. That is why it is so important for men over 50 to have regular screenings, which are provided at no charge to you at Family Physicians Group.
Sometimes symptoms do occur, but mirror those of other diseases and disorders. If you have any of the symptoms listed below from the Prostate Cancer Foundation, you should immediately schedule an appointment with your physician. Those symptoms are:
- A need to urinate frequently, especially at night
- Difficulty starting urination or holding back urine
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Painful or burning urination
- Difficulty in having an erection
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in urine or semen
- Frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs
Again, You should consult with your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms above.
Get Screened for Prostate Cancer
All men over 50 years of age should talk to their doctors about being screened for prostate cancer. Preventative screenings are imperative for early detection, when cancer and disease is the most preventable. For more information call 1.866.999.3741 or schedule your appointment with FPG today.