As your trusted source for primary care, FPG has a shared interest in your overall health and wellness, which includes your daily diet. Here are some interesting food and nutrition facts you probably didn’t know.
Ten Food & Nutrition Facts:
- One 20oz bottle of coke has more sugar than many deserts.
65g of sugar equals 2.43 oz that equates to almost two shots of sugar.
- Diet soda drinkers are 60% more likely to develop type 2 diabetes according to a 14 year study.
- Drying fruit depletes 30-80% of the vitamin and antioxidants in the fruit.
- Grass-fed beef has 2 to 5 times more omega 3 than grain-fed beef and five times less omega 6 fats. A ratio that will yield positive health effects.
- Over two thirds or 69.2% of Americans are overweight or obese.
- Walnuts and pecans have more antioxidants than blackberries, blueberries and cranberries.
- 90% of Americans are potassium deficient. Did you know that an avocado has more than twice as much potassium as a banana?
- Eggs contain the highest quality protein. Cage-free eggs have one third less cholesterol, two times more omegas 3s and one fourth less saturated fat than commercially produced eggs.
- Oysters have 4 times more vitamin D than skim milk.
- On average, a person will consumer over 35 tons of food during his or her lifetime.
March is National Nutrition Month!
It’s National Nutrition Month, a nutrition education and
campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics annually.
Join a free workshop hosted by nutritionist, and learn what a healthy
diet means, how your body works and how to live healthy.