From October 15 until December 7, you will be able to change your Medicare Advantage plan for 2017. It's a critical time for you and your family to ensure that you are receiving the absolute best coverage for your situation.
Here are ten things to remember during open enrollment:
- Your network of providers may have changed. This is the most critical one to ensure you still can see your doctor. Keep in mind, Family Physicians Group accepts CarePlus, Freedom, Optimum, Simply, WellCare and traditional Medicare.
- Your co-payments may have changed. Don't get caught paying higher prices! Compare your existing co-payments with next year's payments.
- Prescription drug coverage may have changed. You want to make sure your standard prescriptions are still available under your current plan.
- You can do nothing. If you love your insurance, you do not need to take any action.
- Review the star program. All Medicare Advantage plans are now rated based on a variety of factors. Make sure you are in a premium program.
- Your insurance agent is your best source. Make sure you are talking to your insurance agent every year to review your current needs.
- You can drop a plan through February. If you are really unhappy with your choice, you can drop the plan, but you can only choose another five-star plan at that time.
- Check out-of-pocket limits. While capped at no more than $6,700 for any plan, the actual amount may differ between insurance plans.
- You must make a decision by December 7. That's when open enrollment ends.
We can help you, whether you want to select a primary care doctor or coordinate an appointment with an insurance agent. Please call us at 321-270-8405, Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm.
You can also schedule your appointment with FPG, today. We encourage your feedback please comment below, or you can chat with us on Facebook and Twitter.