Women's Health and Fitness Day is September 24th! Ladies, keep yourself healthy. Here's a list of 10 foods that every adult woman should include in their diet, according to Pam Peeke, M.D., M.Ph., author of Fight Fat After 40.
- Soy protein - up to 25 grams per day
- Whole grains - brown rice, bran flakes and whole-grain breads
- Foods with folate - asparagus, oranges and beans
- Cranberries and cranberry juice to keep away urinary tract infections
- Water - 8 to 10 glasses per day!
- Nuts - limit your servings to an ounce a day to avoid consuming too many calories
- Green, leafy vegetables - 3 servings every day
- Fruits rich in Vitamin-C - 2 to 3 servings per day to reach 75 milligrams
- Iron-rich foods - garbanzo beans and dried apricots
- Calcium - especially for women over 50 who need 1,200 milligrams of calcium per day
To read all of Dr. Peeke's book, you can find it on Amazon by clicking here: http://www.amazon.com/Fight-After-Forty-Revolutionary-Three-Pronged/
Join FPG's Women's Health and Fitness Day!
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 is Women's Health and Fitness Day at all of the FPG Seniors Club locaitons. Join us to celebrate female fitness! This event focuses on the importance of regular physical activity and health awareness in women of all ages. Check out the events page or swing by an FPG Seniors Club location and grab a calendar of events for more details. Just don't miss it!